Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Full Moon Over The Sea ! 1/2/07


The moon is 100% full tonight so I decided to go to the beach to see it! It was gorgeous! I took a 30 minute walk. It was so bright out that I could see my shadow perfectly. The night was so clear and the light of the moon reflected so beautifully off the ocean that is was magically surreal. The tide was out, and the surf was smooth and lulling. The crashing of the waves is always the greatest sound of the universe, like the heartbeat of the earth. I could look for miles north, up the coast to New Hampshire and Maine, and look back down south to Ipswich and Rockport. I could see the planes coming into land 30 miles away at Boston's Logan airport. They looked like stars slowly coming to earth! The constellations were clear. I could see Orion, the dippers and the North star perfectly. The colour of the sea was an incredible blue-black with the moonlight catching each crest of the waves. I couldn't believe I had miles of beach, miles of open sea, and the moon all to myself! It was amazing to realize how I was the only person standing in this most beautiful place tonight! I enjoyed my walk tonight! People, including myself, should take more time out to notice what beauty is around us. My experience tonight felt intimate with these huge forces of nature. I love the sea, and the moon, and it was awesome to experience this tonight.

Stargazing


MORE ABOUT THE MOON!





No comments: