Wednesday, December 27, 2006

OH! Christmas Tree !!

After not having a Xmas tree for about 5 years, I thought about getting one this year, but I didn't do it. On Christmas eve I was gone all day, and my friend, under the pretense of coming over to check my cat ( well that was the main reason), put this up as a surprise for me to come home to.....

It was totally unsespected! I came home about 11 pm, after a long, long drive and walked into my semi dark house. Christmas songs on the radio and lo and behold, This wonderful surprise in the corner of my dining room! I was awed! It was so magical and beautiful, like a fairy tale in which Santa leaves the tree! It will be one of the most special surprise moments in my life. It totally made me feel more of the magic and spirit of the day. Thank you, my friend ( even tho he said it was from the cat!)

My Christmas was nice. Good to see family and friends, bake, listen to carols, and decorate my house. It was the first time in many years I felt really happy during the holidays






























My fireplace in the living room doesn't work, so I put in small white lights to make it feel warm. It looked nice. If you sqiunt it looks like a real fire. hehe. My dining room fireplace works, but no need for a fire this year as the temps were very mild.




















My desk with gifts and cards.
Belle & Me at office xmas party ( Dec 21) That party is a whole blog entry unto itself!! Christmas dinner fixin's




Cookies I baked;
Molasses



Peanut Butter Kisses



Shortbread Belles


HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!

No comments: