Saturday, December 2, 2006

Belle - Post Surgery!

That was tough! I can't believe I had to put her through all that pain! Today she is back to 100% herself! She is yawning, meowing, eating soft cat food and playing with her catnip mouse. The night I went to pick her up from the vet, she looked horrible. Her mouth was swollen and open, and she was drooling blood. She was still under the effects of the anesthesia so she was restless and confused. I felt so guilty! I felt as if I betrayed her! I cried...a lot! I wanted to comfort her, but you know, cats like to be left alone when they are hurting. I went to sleep with a heavy heart!
I was happy, however, the next morning to find that she outside slept outside of my bedroom door, and she greeted me with stretches. She was still sore ( she had major surgery on her teeth and guns, so I imagine her jaw must have been jacked open for the surgery ). I had to give her pain killers and antibiotics in liquid form, but that was hard as I had to touch her sore mouth and she would wince and cry in pain. She was drooling less and still a little lethargic, but I could begin to see her true personality come out. That night she slept on my bed, but was still a little uncomfortable.

Today she is 99% herself. I know I did the right thing for her long term health, and that she will no longer feel chronic pain from the nerves exposed in her mouth.
I am so happy I got my cat back! Petting







No comments: